MJD has built up a client base within the manufacturing industry installing air conditioning, ventilation and heat reclaim ventilation systems. Our clients include ophthalmic surgical instrumentation manufacturers, plastic fabrications companies, dipslide manufacturers, drainage specialists, roofing manufactures, electronics manufacturers and many more. MJD can provide your manufacturing business with a wide range of air conditioning, ventilation and chiller systems to keep your occupants, engineers and machines at the desired temperature related to your products.
• Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) or Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV): These air conditioning systems are typically more suitable for larger manufacturing workshops. They have one or more condensing units which supply a multiple of indoor units.
• Ducted units: These units are fitted in ceiling voids above workshops, leaving just the opening grille visible – an elegant solution where suspended ceilings are in place.
• Ceiling cassette: These units are suspended from the ceiling and give a 4-way blow. They are very good at distributing air across large offices.
• Heat Reclaim Ventilation: Providing workshops with fresh air, whilst simultaneously extracting stale air. The heat reclaim units also recover valuable heat energy to maximise energy efficiency, with total heat exchange. This will provide your workshop with the following benefits:
• A healthy and better maintained workshop
• Improved air quality for occupants
• Improved comfort via the recovery of heat to incoming fresh air
MJD receive a number of frequently asked questions about the services we offer. This FAQS section puts all of those questions into one place, providing the necessary air conditioning facts and figures. If you can’t find the answer you are looking for then please feel free to contact us.
- What is an air conditioning system used for?
An air conditioning system is designed to provide conditioned air throughout a room or building. Modern equipment uses return air filters to remove particulates from the air. Air conditioning systems will improve air quality and provide a comfortable environment for the occupants within the conditioned space.
- Do air conditioning units provide heating?
Modern heat pump units supplied by the leading manufacturer’s provide a very economical form of heating. Larger systems are also capable of providing simultaneous heating and cooling, giving a wide flexibility to any modern business or building.
- Why do MJD Air Conditioning Services supply products from different manufacturer’s?
MJD will only purchase equipment from leading manufacturer’s, this enables us to provide our customers with a wide and comprehensive choices for use across a wide range of air conditioning and heating applications. Our leading manufacturers will also provide us with warranties ranging from 3 years to 7 years. Factory visits have been made by MJD in the past to witness our suppliers manufacturing and piecing together air conditioning equipment that we will be purchasing and installing in the near future.
- Is air conditioning expensive to run?
Modern air conditioning systems are very economical to run. All systems are now fitted with variable speed inverter compressors, which will increase or decrease their speed and output according to the room or building demand. MJD can supply accurate running costs when we design a system for any room or building.
- Is it necessary to obtain planning permission before having air conditioning installed?
Before any air conditioning is installed MJD would advise that you contact your local authorities or planning department and discuss the proposals with the relevant department.
- Will MJD repair any air conditioning system?
MJD will maintain and repair any air conditioning systems manufactured by most leading suppliers. We would attend your site and access the system and provide a full report with our recommendations. If spares are available a quotation would be provided for the repair. If spares are unavailable we would offer you a competitive quotation to replace the system.
- Do you provide warranties on all equipment that you install?
Our planned maintenance contracts will satisfy the necessary requirements of all of our major manufacturer’s warranties. It is important to understand that manufacturers warranties are only valid if the equipment has been used and maintained in accordance with their specifications and recommendations.
- Which Areas do you cover?
MJD will cover Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, London and Nationwide when required.